Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: Today's press - Madison gets it?
I believe the past practice of discounting beach fees for residents was challenged by the state Office of the Public Advocate, sometime in the late 1980s. I will have to double-check that but it happened about the same time that there was a successful suit blocking towns from selling male and female badges.

Jean

Are they really discriminating against anyone though?  If the people wanted cheaper badges or free beach than they could always move into the town too.

Personally, I think residents get PUNISHED in the current system because we are the ones paying for all of the services the non-residents use at the beach... And we have to pay for the beach too.

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS