--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have a house here in asbury.  When I bought it the papers all said
1930 however, when renovating I found gas lines in the walls which
would have been used for lights.  I knew gas lights were not installed
in the 30's so I researched the sewer records and found the real date
was 1913.  What would be the best way to trace back the owners of the
house?  I assume I could do a deed search of the county records but
was wondering if anyone knew of an easer way
-------

That's the way to do it. Just search backwards through the deed
transfers.

Werner