Actually, this was one time I didn't need to call the police. As I was about to
do so, another
event was taking place that brought the cops right to me. There we're 4
people...two guys
and two girls. The girls we're clearly in some kind of physical distress...what
looked like
some potential OD action. This happened right on the corner next to my home.
The police
showed up, and then an ambulence, and that scared off the pickup truck, and the
homeless guy was already long gone.
There's another thing i'd like to mention.
I went to last weeks council meeting, and voiced my concern over condition of
the AP
Partners construction sites...the same ones I raised concerns directly to Hugh
Lamie about.
I took pictures of these a few days before, and sent them to Lamie and James
Keady.
After the public session was over, the first topic Mr. Keady brought up was
that very topic.
He asked Terry Reidy to examine the rules about construction site up keep, and
Reidy said
he'd look into it. It'll be interesting to see if anything actually happens.
The fence around the block across from the Pony is horrible. It falls down in
every storm
and just plain looks like shit. It blows my mind that a greater effort wasn't
made to make
this look more presentable during the summer months.
Of course, Lamie said to me that this is what construction sites look like.
Yeah, right.