Keady to the rescue!  Reported on asbury radio:

Keady plans to talk with Mayor Kevin Sanders today, prior to tonight's council meeting, about taking funds out of the community development funds, some of which are earmarked for affordable housing, to tackle the problem through recreation.  "What's the point of building homes if people are afraid to move in?" he says.

 WRONG!!!!  Use the money and hire police.  Make this town so tough that if you go 31 MPH in a 25 zone you are given a ticket and there are so many police in the town that if you do the same thing 2 blocks further, you are given another ticket.  You are not going to fix the problem by playing ball.  Make it so tough that a person has to decide either clean up or get out

----- Original Message ----
From: dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:29:07 AM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Tourism and Asbury Park

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Lightgrw <[EMAIL PROTECTED] .> wrote:

> They need to come up with some very serious
> plans to rid the streets of crime. This is almost similar to
where
> NYC was before Rudy G. - while I disagreed with a lot of his
opinions
> on things the one thing that seemed obvious was he had a plan to
clean
> up NYC and it worked.
>
> What's Asbury's plan?

The police are doing a wonderful job. They are stretched to the
limit and need more resources. The east side has seen improvement.
The west side is where the action is. However, you would have to
have an occupying force in place forever if you don't try to deal
with the underlying issues. That is a long-term problem. We need
more money to have more officers. Where is that money going to come
from?

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel