Keady's campaign included gathering information and listening to the
thoughts and concerns of the people of Asbury Park.  Door by door.
Apparently, those people liked what he stood for enough to get him
elected.  Keady was elected to represent the interest of the People.
Keady was not elected to be a cheerleader for redevelopment.

Is Jim a politician?  Thankfully, not in the traditional mold. Look
where politics have gotten us? With few exceptions, our elected
officials are presented to us, and 'rented' by special interests.

I think more of our elected officials should take a page from the Jim
Keady handbook.

He might piss off the special interests... and those who shill for the
special interests, but the voters know their concerns have a voice.