--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for finding that 200 gan members county wide. NOT 200 BLOOD in
AP. As for the Wonder Bar for Debbie to treat you like she did then
you must have done something.. She is a wonderfulperson and the
Wonder Bar is a great place.

 If there isn't a substantial gang problem in AP, then why are things
like this happening?
> This is from Sept. 29 of this year;
>
> FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP — Police have identified more than 200 gang
members in Neptune,
> Red Bank, Freehold, Long Branch and Asbury Park, and another 200 in
the county jail,
> many of whom are from Monmouth County, according to county
Prosecutor Luis Valentin.

> Gang activity has also been detected in suburbs, including Howell,
Matawan, Manasquan
> and Belmar, Valentin said Thursday at a conference on gangs.
>
> The county's relative affluence does not make it immune from gangs,
he said. Among
> those operating here are the Bloods, Crips, Almighty Latin
King/Queen Nation, Mexican
> and Central American gangs, motorcycle gangs, and hate and
extremist groups, the
> prosecutor said.
>
> He did not want to alarm residents, but he wanted to educate them
about the perils and
> presence of gang activity and make sure children know gang members
should never be
> role models, Valentin said.
>
> Thursday's conference at the county Police Academy was not open to
the public, but
> reporters were invited in for the initial opening remarks. The
conference was one of the
> quarterly gatherings the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Jersey plans
to hold in different parts
> of the state so police can share information on gangs. The office
conducted a statewide
> gang intelligence conference earlier this year.
>
> About 160 law enforcement personnel from federal, state, county and
local departments
> attended on Thursday. Represented locally were Aberdeen, Asbury
Park, Belmar, Bradley
> Beach, Freehold, Hazlet, Highlands, Howell, Keyport, Lakewood,
Little Silver, Long Branch,
> Manasquan, Matawan, Middletown, Neptune, Red Bank, Sea Bright,
Union Beach, West Long
> Branch, and the prosecutor's offices from Monmouth and Ocean
counties.

> U.S. Attorney Christopher J. Christie said gangs are not just a law
enforcement problem,
> but a socioeconomic problem. In cities such as Newark and
Irvington, police are fighting to
> take streets back from gangs, he said. Federal laws can help in the
battle, he said.

> In the federal corrections system, there is no parole, and
criminals serve their time in
> prisons outside New Jersey, making it much more difficult for them
to run their criminal
> enterprises from behind bars, Christie said. It also makes it
tougher for fellow gang
> members to keep in contact with them, he said.
>
> Christie's office has become known for prosecuting political
corruption cases. In the next
> four years, Christie said, he also wants his office to be
recognized for taking on gangs.

> "We're ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with you," he told the
officers.

> Anti-gang initiatives
>
> In July, Bloods members were reportedly arrested in Keansburg and
Asbury Park. In June,
> 22 members of Los Cafeteros and Sureno 13 were taken into custody
in Red Bank, and in
> November, seven MS-13 members were arrested in Lakewood,
authorities said at the time.

> Asbury Park and Lakewood were among a dozen or so municipalities
chosen earlier this
> year to participate in Operation CeaseFire, a state anti-gang
program.

> Long Branch Public Safety Director William A. Richards said his
department also has a
> number of anti-gang initiatives.
>
> "We don't have what I would characterize as a virulent gang
problem, as evidenced by
> criminal activity associated with gangs, but it's certainly
something we keep an eye on," he
> said.
>
> Thursday's event was co-sponsored by the Monmouth County
Prosecutor's Office, the
> Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network
and the East
> Coast Gang Investigators Association.
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, MarioAPNJ@ wrote:
> >

> > In reference to NJ  Dave'scomment:
> >

> > Keady's campaign included gathering information and listening to
the
> > thoughts and concerns of the people of Asbury Park. Door by
door.
> > Apparently, those people liked what he stood for enough to get
him
> > elected.
> >

> > As Jim knows and as I've said here before, I did not vote for Jim
in  the
> > last election.
> >
> > The tactics being used against him in recent months are so
contemptible to
> > me that I've already started to reevaluate my voting  criteria.
> >
> > e.g.:   Asking him to read the letter from the  UEZ.  And
especially, if
> > true, the reports here that it was done with  malicious glee. And
then there are
> > the "commie" and assassination  accusation!
> >
> > Tommy used Shakespeare to introduce yesterday's column.  He
should look up
> > what Hamlet meant when he said: "For 'tis the sport to have the
engineer /
> > Hoist with his own petard; and 't shall go hard."

11/3/2006 8:19:41
> > A.M. Eastern Standard Time  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > (mailto:njdave@)   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)
> > Sent on:
> >

> > Keady's campaign included gathering information and listening to
the
> > thoughts and concerns of the people of Asbury Park. Door by
door.
> > Apparently, those people liked what he stood for enough to get
him
> > elected. Keady was elected to represent the interest of the
People.
> > Keady was not elected to be a cheerleader for redevelopment.
> >
> > Is Jim  a politician? Thankfully, not in the traditional mold.
Look