> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:

See that's a problem. People buy multifamily homes turn them into
single family home, what happens to the tenants? They are forced out.
The redevelopement gets blamed for that and it shouldn't. Houses in
AP were being bought and made single family BEFORE redevelopement.
Now rental single family homes on the westside are being sold tenants
are pushed out. It's a good thing that new people are moving in  but
a bad thing that people are being pushed out. What do you do? Flood
the Beachfront with low income and  affordable housing? or do you let
nature take it's course. With the Springwood Ave Red. taking shape
you may have affordable Housing. How many units can they build over
there?Enought to cover what's getting pushed out? Enought to handle
the relocation of the Beachfront? Do they want to live there?or is AP
opening the door for more lower income people moving in  by going the
affordable route? when they do affordable housing it's open to the
State AP residents don't get first shot at it. You have to be very
careful. Maybe AP should have adopted the plan 2 years ago 60 Homes
10 being affordable and 70 affordable rental units with commerical to
follow. I believe the new plan will have commerical from the begining
is that good or bad? If you go with more affordable housing are their
developers out there who will take a chance and build with this
market. Look at Kara Homes. Thank God(JK's dad) that our 3 developers
are still moving along.

 Ocean Township is Asbury Park.

> > Oakdorf can explain what I mean.
> >

> How many beers do you still owe me?
>
> Fiorentino missed in that list - saw one this am....
>
> True, many gay folks ahe flipped out of AP (or still held) and
bought
> over the bridge in Wanamassa, bringing back to life Wanamassa Point
Rd
> (where I spent a few years), Interlaken and other lake fronts.
> Wanamassa is making a cute comeback.
>
> To make a town come back , you need less landlords and more resident
> homeowners. As a landlord, I often look and wonder that if I didn't
> own that house, what would someone else do with it? Keep it as is,
> kock it down, restore it etc etc.? Nothing better for a town then
> single family res.
>

> Back to OT and AP - AP was OT:
> The original boundaries of the Township stretched from the
Shrewsbury