I don't know that they can sue, until they take it to court, which is
what most of those groups do, when the board denies the application.
The mission goes to the board of adjustment, only, when a use change
is needed.  If denied, the change of use, which this is, they have
recourse in the courts in Freehold, to ask the court for permission.
It's out of Asbury Park's hand, if the court, overturns the Board of
Adjustment's denial.  The Board of Adjustment, first, has to show
cause, why they're denying a petitioner, permission for a differnt
land use.  If denied, the petitioner, can and will go to Freehold,
then the presiding Judge decides whether or not said Mission or
whatever, can go forward or not.  I thought that this was a moot
situation, thinking this had already occurred.  Someone correct me,
because I can't remember if this happened or not.