There are several ways to read Frank's post below.

One way is to say that Garrett didn't abide by some deal that was
made against Hopson in the executive session.

Even still, I don't understand how you paint Garrett poorly and
speak glowingly of the other yes voters of Sanders, Brewington and
Smallwood.  They all voted the same way on the same guy.  I don't
get your nuanced distinction.

The defense of Robert's vote is a double edged sword.  One could
argue he does not vote his conscious from what you say.  I'm not
saying that is true, but your post makes the case.

Perhaps the 5 who voted for this guy just don't share your view of
him?

I still want to see the racist/homophobe proof.  Serious charges
need serious proof.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> -
> > -*bd of education meetings were taped in the past, has this
practice
> > stopped?  this started because of franks post about an
appointment of
> > hopson, i also do not know him, but know frank is sincere , yet
he as
> > been asked several times who voted for this man,  he has posted
others
> > yet does not answer this important question, why? it is public
> > information and will eventually come out, if frank is correct he
is
> > wrong to put the blame on the vice president, it takes a
nomination a
> > motion to second it and then a vote of the entire bd.
>

>     You are quite right.  The BOE records the public portions of
the
> meeting digitally on CD, which is a matter of public record.  I did
> respond individually re the vote, but not to the whole group.  So
I'll
> correct that now.  Since there were only seven people on the board
> rather than a full board of nine, it only took four votes to name
> someone to the board.  Garrett nominated Mr. Hopson, Mrs. Sanders
> seconded it, and the other two votes that seated Mr. Hopson were
Mr.
> Brewington and the Rev. Smallwood, both (in my opinion) people of
good
> will and heart.  The last person to get to vote because he is the
> Board President(thank God)is Robert DiSanto.  When the vote got to
him
> it was, as they say, a fait accompli, so he could either register a
> protest vote or affirm the vote.  He has to try to work with the
> entire board, including Mr. Hopson; Robert's thankless job is akin
> herding cats. Although I certainly cannot speak for him, I can say
> that Robert voted yes, which at that point was the diplomatic
thing to
> do and in keeping with the "team spirit" admonitions in board
policy.
>      The point that is missing here I obviously did not make very
> clear in my initial or subsequent postings.  So I'll try to make it
> less opaque now.  After all four candidates were interviewed in
public
> (that's an interesting CD right there), the board went into closed
> session, as is permitted, and did the necessary straw polling to
> present what would hopefully be a unified board in public, prevent
any
> hard feelings on the part of the candidates not chosen, and have an
> expeditious process.  Those executive sessions are not recorded,
> although minutes are kept as the Open Public Meetings Act provides.
> Suffice it to say that what then transpired in public session
> immediately thereafter was not consistent with what had transpired
in
> closed session.  More than that I cannot say.  Thank God, however,
> there were over a dozen witnesses present in that executive
session.
>  I would think the word "treachery" is not an unfair
characterization