The station was forced to move by the FCC. I have been in the broadcasting
business for over thirty years and quite familiar with the inner workings of
the FCC. The FCC is not a proactive organization anymore instead they do as
they are told.

  In my opinion, the FCC was motivated to remove  the station from the air for
political reasons exclusively. The local AP government doesn't have that kind
of juice but I am sure someone knows someone who knows a US Senator or
Congressman.

  The fines you see are old fines that were resolved many years ago. The
station has to file for a variance in order to get it's antenna at a certain
height in order to serve the community.

  Keep in mind that this station serves the Haitian and Spanish speaking
community. In an emergency it is the only means to reach these people. If it is
gone and their is an emergency, and as a result  people are injured of even
die, then the local AP government will be responsible.

  I would like to see exactly what ordinance they say they are violating? This
is a matter of politics plain and simple.

Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
              What is the story with this station.  They moved to Asbury Ave
and now need zoning? I see they have a history of violations with the FCC

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.