Mike,

With all due respect to your professional expertise which I won't
question at all, your argument that local politics has exerted itself
on the FCC doesn't hold water in either a court or in the court of
public opinion...  It's not that you are wrong - you might be.  Who
knows?  It's that you have made several leaps in logic based on what
you believe rather than any hard facts.  Let's assume that you are
right, the FCC is not acting as they normally do.  That's really where
any factual argument you have made appears to stop.  If you think
someone has exerted undue influence - please bring facts.  I'm not
defending anyone nor am I wearing rose colored glasses.  Just looking
for some sort of facts to support the rather specific accusations you
have made.