Maureen,

  That is one of the points I have been trying to make with the radio station.
It  has a mandated EAS receiver and is notified of any local, state, or
national emergencies. It is the only way to reach this group of people that may
not speak English.

  Mike

radio881gal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Mike -
Thanks for your expertise and keeping us on course about this FCC
stuff.
But be careful what you say about emergency evacuation plans, I'm
still waiting to see Asbury Park's plan. Terry Reidy, our emergency
management officer, and Harry Conover, the officer for the county,
have had a standing invitation to discuss the plan on the show since
last August. My chief complaint was that the locals aren't informed
as to what actions to take in an emergency. The State Police, who
lead the state in these efforts and are ultimately responsible, have
encouraged me to keep at my local officer, that the need for
education is valid and vital. The APP published my editorial on this,
too.
Maureen

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Mike, in your inital post while in one sentence you make the point
> that the local AP gov't doesn't have the juice, in the very next
one
> you allude to "someone" working through people they know in federal
> gov't. Accusing the AP Council may not have been what you meant
but
> understand that many different people from very different
> perspectives who usually agree on almost nothing read this exactly
> the same way.
>
> The post that got this all going was:
>
> "In my opinion, the FCC was motivated to remove the station from
the
> air for political reasons exclusively. The local AP government
> doesn't have that kind of juice but I am sure someone knows someone
> who knows a US Senator or Congressman.
>
> The fines you see are old fines that were resolved many years ago.
> The station has to file for a variance in order to get it's antenna
> at a certain height in order to serve the community.
>
> Keep in mind that this station serves the Haitian and Spanish
> speaking community. In an emergency it is the only means to reach
> these people. If it is gone and their is an emergency, and as a
> result people are injured of even die, then the local AP
government
> will be responsible.
>
> I would like to see exactly what ordinance they say they are
> violating? This is a matter of politics plain and simple."
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <tvnetdude2000@>
> wrote:
> >
> > There was no insinuation, there were however responses that
jumped
> to their defense.
> >
> > 2fine4u <sharon_b283@> wrote: I don't see where anyone
> has said it was the Council! You're
> > insinuating it, or taking a guess? Did I miss something?

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.