I think you need to get as many people as possible to attend these
meetings and express their frustration in a broken system that the
administration does not want to fix.  The staff members,namely the
teachers, can not do their job if there is no administrative
support.  I will be posting the full text of what was said at the
board meeting so that you can see exactly what the reasons are for no
confidence.  We have been trying to straighten this mess out for
years.

I am in full agreement with you that Frank and few others truly have
nothing to gain personally by being on the board.  They really want
to fix the mess.  This is going to be a pivital year with five seats
up for election. It takes strong people to stand up and fight for
what is right.  Attending these meetings and demanding answers as a
resident, parent, taxpayer and even staff member is what everyone
should be doing at these meetings monthly.

I believe that umless something is done extremely fast, we may never
be able to fix these problems.  With the right person in charge, this
mess can begin to be fixed.  There are some links in the chain of the
union that of course, like any other organization, need some
assistance.  But they, in no way, cause the amount of the problems
that the administration has done over the past 8 years.  Like I have
said, you need good administrative support to advise you what you are
doing wrong and how to correct the problems.  Right now, in the high
School and Middle School, you don't have that.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> do!  Does a firing squad, come to mind?  Seriously, I just had to
> commend you, because I know how tough, it is.  Still, praying.
> Sharon
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <asburycheech@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sharon, Fred, et al.,
> >      Last night's BOE meeting was quite an event.  We were
supposed
> > to start at 6:30 since Commisssioner Davy wanted to address the
> > community and answer some questions.  She kind of got lost, so we
> > started when she arrived at about 6:45 or so.  Lots of questions
> from
> > the audience (they had been written in advance on index cards,
but
> > she also took a lot of questions directly, too).  She had been
> > scheduled for a half hour, but ended up speaking for two hours.
> > Sorry to say, most of it was generalities, (in my opinion, which
is
> > not necessarily the board's), but her presence there for the 2nd
> time
> > in a few months shows they are watching.  She even promised to
> return
> > to speak with a group of parents next time at a non-board meeting
> > setting.
> >     Frankly, again in my opinion, nothing is going to change
until
> > certain people are fired, retired, indicted, or whatever. The
> meeting
> > ended past 11:30, which is unusual for a BOE meeting.  Robert
(who
> > conducted the meeting extremely well past a few icebergs) offered
> the
> > motion--over administrative objections--that the board attorney
> > investigate the falsification of student enrollment data so that
an
> > administrator might actually be held responsible and suffer the
> > consequences.  Glad to say, it passed unanimously.  Maybe I'm
being
> > too optimistic, but I really think that the whole situation is
> coming
> > to a head, and heads are what are needed to roll.  The
> Commissioner's
> > favorite word last night was "accountability", but she, more than
> > anyone else--again my opinion--is the person responsible for our
> > being unable to sever the suspended Super. from his continuing
> > paycheck.
> >      Among the speakers last night was the APEA president who
> > announced that the staff at the high school had overwhelmingly
> voted
> > no confidence in their administration.  Having been a union
person
> > myself, I can tell you that such a move is one used extremely
> rarely,
> > and indicates how desperate the situation must be.  He indicated
> that
> > the Middle School might well be next.  A parent, very
emotionally,