Jim,

I am in the same exact situation as you are.  I have been gathering
information on Asbury Park from various sources for the past 2 years.  I
would highly suggest coming down on a First Saturday to have dinner and
walk down Cookman Ave.  You will see and meet very many wonderful and
friendly people.  My family has been very impressed with the passion of
the people in this town.

I will say that this board is very interesting but can get quite
negative at times.  I mentioned that to my wife one night who told me
that the town I currently live in (and love) also has a yahoo board and
that it is so negative that we would never consider moving there if the
board was all we used to base a decision on.  I think it is just the
nature of these things.

Hope you decide to come.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM