Understandable. When this issue came to a head, there was a 24 hr.
ban. I found out after closing my doors that first day. I decided
that I would persevere by opening at 6pm to rent my bikes (long story
behind that as well; hours on signs we're evidently wrong). When I
did, the same officers that had told me I coulsd'nt rent them
earlier, explained to me that it was a 24 hr. "emergency" ordinance.
Furthermore, as I recall, after they lifted the 24 hr. ban
officially, they continued to enforce indiscriminately with regard to
the hour of the day. Then they changed the ordinance, officially
(this would have been in conjunction with the JK thing); but did not
change the signage for about two months; confusing people even more.
As it stands now, That ordinance is in place. It should be noted that
it is NOT a seasonal ordinance; however is NOT enforced, strictly or
otherwise. To the contrary, I'd chalange anyone to recall a police
officer on the boards since september; save near CH for an event.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM