I could care less about what is going on in Deal or Avon. I care about my kids
and others who may be in harms way on a daily basis. Schools use to be a place
where it was safe from violence and severe pressure. When  I was in school the
only pressure was whether or not I was wearing "belt hoops" LOL... who
remembers that ???!!!!   ..  Some of us are in denial and yes there is a fine
line between the liberties of all and yes as an African American male I am well
aware of the racism that exists and the numbers unjustly jailed. BUT!!!  like I
said before we never thought our airports would be taking all the security
measures they are now until 9/11......well our schools need to be more
proactive. The NJSIAA just past a mandatory drug testing for all athletes that
compete in post season play.  I just say lets open up our eyes and stop turning
our heads to what others are doing while ours are killing themselves and
selling drugs to one another.........

2fine4u <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          So why haven't you had the
electronic chip, inserted in your arm, huh?
No different, than metal detectors? Bush has you people turned into
the sheep, you are! What ever happened to Civil Liberties or the
Constitution? Just so happens that this district is majority Black!
Ever heard of the drug experiments done on Black Men at Tuskeegee,
called "The Tuskeegee Experiment"? Look, go into Deal and Avon first
and see what kind of reception, you'll get! Over 2 million Black men
and women are incarcerated for non-violent offenses over treatment in
the case of drugs. So instead of slavery, black men and women might
as well be in China for the 10 cents an hour they make for more than
making license plates! It's called "The Prison Industrial Complex"!
The 1964 and 1965 Civil rights acts have been reversed to re-enslave
us, thanks to Ronald Reagan. Do your own kids, first, not OURS!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, wait_foru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Testing for drugs in schools is no different than metal detectors
that are currently in place in some NY schools. As much as the
responsibility SHOULD fall in the laps of the parents its obvious that
that is a losing agenda........ I personally dont like the idea of
metal detectors framing our front doors of our schools, but who likes
to take their shoes off at the airport or empty their luggage bearing
all their personals....but if it comes down to safety for my kids then
so be it....as for the drugs....hey its a reality and we all bear the
responsibility and if some kids say it has deterred them, then who
else can give better testament....

> 2fine4u <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Test your OWN kids, first!
I say, NO! If Gonzo, has his talking tour
> and assistants, hiding from Congress, yelling 5th Amendment, I say NO,
> NO, for my African Children! Test Yours!
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <asburycouple@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I just saw on TV that the Hanover Park NJ schools are going to begin
> > dug testing on all students. While controversial the stated objective
> > is not to punish but to both deter use and to identify those kids who
> > need help and get it to them.
> >
> > One of the interesting comments I heard in the report was from some
> > students, who said the drug testing enabled them to have an excuse
why
> > they wouldn't do drugs when offered by friends. I can relate as
when I
> > was in High School my involvement in sports was an accetible
reason for
> > me to turn down these types of offers without any hard feelings or
peer
> > pressure.
> >
> > I'd be interested in thoughts on this kind of policy for AP schools.
> > While the ACLU has already said they will fight this policy, the
courts
> > have generally ruled against policies that single out indivuals or
> > groups but allowed broader non-discriminitory types of things. If
this
> > kind of policy can help kids who try drugs before it's too late,
remove
> > hard core drug users so others can learn in a safe environment and
give
> > kids an acceptable way to avoid peer pressure I am all for it.

Need Mail bonding?