> No, I don't think the "master plan' is to demolish ConHall.
>
> The point is, that eventually it will deteriorate to a point where the
> argument "it will cost too much to fix" begins to take hold. Whether
> true or not.

That's exactly what I'm worried about.   If you search the web you'll
find articles in the Coaster where town council members at the time
struggled with the idea of selling the properties but did so because
the buildings like Convention Hall NEEDED repairs that the city could
not afford to make.  Keep in mind, this was several years ago.  If
the buildings were sold because repairs were needed THEN and those
repairs still haven't been made now, it's easy to see where they
might be just waiting things out until the situation is beyond repair.