Dan Wrote:

How about the abuse of religious organizations is exemption from
taxation for portions of their property not used for religious
purposes? Why couldn't portions of the property used by JSM to sell
items be taxed?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Dan Iam not sure what you are actually referring to.

We have an 11,000 square foot building.  9000 square feet is church
occupied and used.  2000 is leased to the commercial tenant..  We
never expected a total abatement.  We only anticipated a partial.

As for other revenues.  The IRS, puts out UBIT regulations.  Some
commercial activity that a religious organization enters into is
taxable revenue.  If they are a registered business in the State,
even though they are a religious entity, they must pay taxes on
taxable income, and on property generating lease revenue, if they
have a commercial mortgage.  They would not have to pay income taxes
on lease revenue if they do not have a commercial mortgage.

The used car sales should be taxable revenue, I am not sure why it
wouldn't be.  We do not sell used cars here at the Lighthouse.  The
portion set up for selling the cars should be taxable, unless they
have proven that the sales of the cars are actually on the job
training, and they are operating according to 501 (c) 3 (etc) regs.

I am talking about actual religious activity, where there is such
occurring, it should be exempt from Government involvement and
control.

Hells bells, thats why we eurpoeans came to america in the first
place.

KB