"Charlie you are not considering the "Big Picture".
For a Hotel to function there must attractions that would require overnight
stays.
The current plan is a RESIDENTIAL USE based plan not a destination tourism plan.
It would not be prudent to construct a Hotel with no market for its use.
We already have 2 hotels that are underutilized. (BCH and Empress)
Werner"

       That's true.  However, the new BCH owners must have some high hopes in
mind.  Why else would they buy a hotel in such an area, if there were no need
for it?  I don't think they'd be willing to put all that money into it if the
end result were not in their favor.  I think the Empress is pretty busy on
weekends thru-out the summer, due to people coming in to attend club Paradise.
       The plan is residential mostly, but we do have the "entertainment zone".
 More retail stores then anything, but theres got to be something else there
that would attrack people? Why else would they want put a hotel into the plan
in the first place?  Sometimes "they" may not be the brightest on obvious
issues, but they do know some things?
       What happened to the whole visitors coming to the city for a weekend to
shop, eat, walk the beautiful boardwalk?  These were all ideas that were posted
a few months ago, reasons why people would want to come stay in the city.  Did
the people that said these ideas change their minds?  Or did they forget what
they had said?  A nice get away place for a weekend.
       Also, this may be far fetched, but arn't hotels places for people to
stay?  How do the hotels on highway 35 stay open?  Just becasue a hotel is on
the shore in AP, doesn't mean the people staying have to stay within the square
mile of AP!!   A hotel on the Jersey Shore is a good thing, there are lots of
places and beaches in the surrounding area also.  It would be good to have them
say, "I'm staying at ....in AP"  Makes AP more visiable on the map again.
Also, since they'd be staying right on the beach in AP, i'm sure theyd venture
outside and see what's out there.

FareChase.