I agree Tommy. I think this is clearly a victory for those who wish to see more tourism/entertainment in the plan. It's kind of funny seeing the same people who boasted about the success of their residential plan ideas now boasting about the success of the tourism angle...

I think the hotel could be a much better success than people are thinking. There are VERY FEW hotels along the shore of Monmouth County these days. The only hotel that I've seen advertise on a decent level is the Ocean Place in Long Branch and that always has plenty of cars there. Let's say the new hotel advertises on a similar national/regional level - that would bring people back to Asbury and back into looking at hotel prices in the area which could lead to more visitors at the other hotels as well.

If marketed correctly, people that were planning on coming to a town like Belmar (maybe for the Seafood Festival) might stay in Asbury rather than a hotel in Wall.

Hotels are needed to make the tourism idea work and the existence of a new hotel would also force the idea of entertainment into play.