--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 6/19/2007 11:16:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> How  about taking the opportunity to better one's own condition and
that of

I wasn't talking about Reparations, more of one's desire to work at
work, work at getting work and the opportunities that do exist.
Everyone should learn MORE then one job, have more then career so if
one fails, one can still survive. You may not survive as in Job A,
some do better after Job A, some fail. A lawyer can be a teacher, a
lawyer can be a plumber. I knew a georgetown lawyer who sold and fixed
cars instead of practicing. Do I want to go back and flip burgers? No.
One of the best things I learned early on is that to get ahead in
life, you have to move on to the next company. That is what builds a
career and expertise and enables you to succeed. It was beneficial in
the consulting world. Had I stayed put on Job A, I'd be a career man
in ca corporate world in a position that would be easily done with
out. Many, many jobs in the real world are at the mercy of the corp. I
know, because it was job to tell ceos how to cut fat or "streamline"
their biz or reengineer or automate, workflow, retrain, or whatever
you call it.

Most just renamed people postions or promoted the people out.

If you want to talk about Reparations I don't know that much, other
then to say the holocaust eliminated billons in Jewish and others
wealth in various forms of properties. The banks hid and still do
billions. Lot's ahve been written about various other religious orgs
role in hiding money. you can't right every wrong of the past with
money, nor can money correct the current or future plight of a number
of people in the US. It works to some degree in real poor countries.
First define poor. Poor here and poor elsewhere is vastly different.
Where you give a shirt off your back means something. Here, it's
meaningless.