Dan wrote:

and was  recently cited by a NYS Supreme Court judge in a  decision.

Yes it was.  Many of the criticisms mentioned here deal with issues  that
have been ironed out.  Last week's NYT reported that Wiki media is now  giving
Google a run for its money.  IP addresses of people who hack or  screw up with
biased or incorrect information or refuse to be civil about  disagreements on
the discussion pages are blocked from editing.

Jimbo Wales  ( _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jimbo_Wales_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jimbo_Wales)  )  founded Wiki and did a 45
minute
interview at C-Span this weekend.  He  explains away most of the issues raised
at the
above link or at the interview  here:
Lookfor  RECENT PROGRAMS _>>_
(http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=Series,APS&ArchiveDays=100)
  _American Perspectives: Jimbo Wales, Dan
Rather, Tammy  Bruce_ (javascript:playClip(clip31856))
(07/28/2007)    here:
_Click  here: C-SPAN: AMERICAN PERSPECTIVES_
(http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Series&Code=APS&ShowVidNum=10&Rot_Cat_CD=APS&Rot_HT=206&Rot_WD=&ShowVid
Days=100&ShowVidDesc=&ArchiveDays=100)

The success of the site is partly attributed to the fact that info without
citations are labeled as so, and therefore, suspect.  Of course the site  would
have to be monitored, just as this board is for misinformation.   Considering
the high traffic the site receives now, it could be a very valuable  PR tool
for the city.  High Schools and colleges are now clamping down on  students
using Wiki for research, just as in the "old days" we were not  permitted to
use
encyclopedias as sources.

If we all collaborated and reached consensus, the entry would remain  intact.
 They now have all sorts of safeguards in place.

Can't see why the city or developers wouldn't want to look into it -- all
free PR.  As it stands now, with some of those pictures , can't see why  anyone
would follow up if he or she were thinking of buying here.

BTW:  Way back when, when I objected to a legend about the fighter Max  in
Hitler's Germany, I submitted the additional info from the NYT letter to the
editor.  My addition was thoroughly scrutinized and then made permanent by
those who watch over that entry.

Hope this thread doesn't get hijacked by irrelevant info -- since we all
care about this city so much.