Make sure you read Tommy's article about Michael Vicks as well. He's got it all
figured out.
He reminds us how great we humans are, that dogs are cute but otherwise
insignificant...all without pointing out that Vicks broke a very serious law.
Not one, several
of them. Tommy doesn't seem to understand that by being a pro football player,
he's also
a role model because of that position. Some role model. Killing dogs, probably
with his
bare hands. Vicks is a multi-millionaire because of his ability to do things
with a ball. His
name also makes millions for manufactures and the NFL. And somehow, he should
get a
pass because he merely killed cute animals. While I completely understand the
point
Tommy was trying to raise, unfortunately he made a poor choice to illustrate
his point. All
in the name of "Him" as Tommy puts it. I look forward to the TCN responses for
this one.
Sometimes, I wonder if the TCN holds on to Tommy just for shock value.