Here's something for the jingoistic folks on this list....

Sen. John Warner (R-Va.): "I hope in the recesses of your heart that you know that strategy will continue the casualties, stress on our forces, stress on military families, stress on all Americans. Are you able to say at this time if we continue what you have laid before the Congress here as a strategy, do you feel that that is making America safer?"

Petraeus: "Sir, I believe that this is indeed the best course of action to achieve our objectives in Iraq."

Warner: "Does that make America safer?"

Petraeus: "Sir, I don't know, actually. I have not sat down and sorted out in my own mind. What I have focused on and been riveted on is how to accomplish the mission of the Multi-National Force-Iraq."

*** Shouldn't the ultimate mission be to make America Safer? If our leaders can't answer that, would you like to take a shot at how Iraq makes us safer and why we are there? (while you're at it why don't you give an idea how many years do you expect us to be there?)

Sometimes leaving is the best thing to do. It prevents having thousands of losses for the same reason.

On Sep 12, 2007, at 9:58 PM, Kevin Brown wrote:

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 9/12/2007 6:10:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Clinton made a mockery of the office.
>
> Only after several years of dogging (Whitewater etc) of Clinton.
Finally he
> was outed for a BJ. Some Americans saw that a waste of 60+
million dollars
> + in investigations. How'd he win reelection if the office was
mocked. The
> tight ass religious right who used a private sex to enhance their
> self-righteousness.
>
> Europeans thought we were foolish about the issue.
>

> Bush has lost our respect and integrity around the world.
Thankfully most
> are anti_Bush, not anti-American. We'll need multilateral
cooperation among
> the various diplomatic corps and other agencies world-wide to
curtail terrorism.

> That bumper sticker: "When Clinton lied, no one died."

http://www.aol.com

In Somalia he punked out and left Rangers & spec ops people stranded!
Wanna put that on a bumer sticker?

KB