In a message dated 10/8/2007  9:20:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  writes:

You have  no sense of public service. Zero.
Just keep complaining about us that roll  up our sleeves and help.
Partial list of people, trends and causes in  AP which I support and have
publicly touted.

New investors some refer to as  Carpetbaggers;
Kate Mellina's Cleopatra Steps Out back then and  columns now;
Richard Virgilio's B Plot;
Frank D'Alessandro's informative columns and  posts.
Restore Radio; Preservation  activists;
Paramount's interior  restoration,
BOE candidates who challenge the status  quo;
Restaurant Row Cookman Ave  entrepreneurs;
George Lister's reclamation of the 5th and Memorial  corner.
Pereaux and Harrison investors for their faith and  risk-taking in AP.
Crossroads food and music venue.
Clementines and others in their fight against  selective code enforcement;
SUFA and Homeowners  endorsements;
Habitat's ReStore;
Future Started Here ticket last  election;
Shep's early faith, investment, and promotions in  AP;
The Coaster's journalism, better and better each  month;
TriCity's cheerleading in the early  years;
Helen Pike's and Peter Lucia's commitment to  researching and recording AP's
history;
The multiculturalism now welcomed in  AP;
APPD's and FD's quick responses;
Louie, the bike guy's unique  business;
City Hall and Kiki support for civil unions; Garden  State Equality;
A Nieuw AP which eschews chauvinism and which  recognizes tolerance is good
business.
Clearwater's contribution to tourism  here.
Eminent Domain when it is used as intended for the  public's but not merely
for private interests.
JR's supporting for the BOE's decision to  close schools for public safety at
one point.
The unjust jailing for code violations when violent  criminals go free.
Benefits for SPCA, Cancer, AIDS and Toys for  Tots.

There's more, but the above reveals no slavish  adherence to any particular
local team.

None of the above offer any financial benefit or  public status to me.

What I support and what I criticize are cheered and  booed by some of the
same people.

I like it that way.

"We also serve who" challenge, question, write,  and donate -- with no
prospect for financial gain, tax advantages, pats on the  back, public stature
for
any of it.