Just another observation.  If you don't live on the West Side, you'd
never know, but St. Augustine's Episcopal Church, has a fedding
program, ONCE a month!  The last Sunday, I believe.  My girl friend is
a parishioner and helps with the preparation and the serving.  On
Fridays, if you care, people form a line and receive "free" food,
around 9:00 AM, until ???  The first time I saw this a coule of years
ago, I didn't know what was going on, until I asked someone whose
business, I patronize, on the "avenue", as we call it.  St. Peter
Claver, had a similar program, when they had the thrift store.

I stopped in to donate some clothing and walked in on the "giveaway".
Most churches in the area, have something, going on, which is funded
by the government and distributed by the churches.  Sisters of Mercy,
were doing the same thing on Main St. and Bradley Beach, has a
location, also.  The only location, I see, having a potential problem,
is Trinity, where they seem to congregate outside and I didn't know
that this is what they were doing. ( I had observed people
congregating,) as I drive past on Emory and Asbury Aves.

The church on Grand Ave., gives flu shots and food!  Had a part-time
job there, a few years back and found out by chance.  I had no idea,
that practically ALL of the churches in this area, has this
"giveaway".  Also found out that the poor go from location to
location, "collecting", these freebies.  Being naive as hell and not
in the "system", an onlooker, like me, had no clue!  Just cruise past
2nd Baptist, on Atkins and Springwood, on a Friday and you'll see.  I
am a Senior and have no idea, what's available for seniors, as far as
recreation, etc.  Seems you have to be 80 and above, to join in.
Neptune seniors, have everything, while Asbury's Seniors, have nothing!