> The fundamental problem is that your vision involves intensive use
of
> the site for transient purposes (NJMHOF). It is the same
incongruence
> and potential conflict of uses tha plagues this plan (the WRP not
> yours). We see it already with residents calling up complaining
about
> the restaurants on Cookman. I beleive there will be a real problem
> selling condos in a highly commercial zone. One will suffer (its not
> Manhattan). ideally, if it is a problem, there is a buffer designed
> into the plan. The fundamental problem is that the plan envisions
> primarily residential use along the west side of Ocean Ave.

Actually, the plan calls for retail to front portions of the west
side of Ocean Avenue in the new buildings that go up (it was noted in
a rendering of the redevelopment map on MM's original leasing
brochure, I believe I have it saved on my computer somewhere... I'll
post it if I find it).  Plus, directly across the street on one side
is the Empress Hotel. The HOF will not be affecting any condos.
Residential units in all of the new buildings don't start until the
third or fourth floor b/c of the parking garages.  The only thing the
HOF does is take away space for a parking deck... which is made up by
building the deck one story higher on the west side of the block.