> I was doing so good staying off the board and working...
>
> so "what if" the pony were moved - dismantle it - move it up or
over or
> inside somewhere else. Take the walls - the stage. This version of
the
> pony is just that, a version of what it was. Is it really the same
> without Mrs. Jays and the Digger?
>
> No.
>
> You're not old enough to know and really, neither am I at 46. But
there
> was a certain time when you would bounce from Jays to the digger to
the
> pony or vice versa and pee on the beach with the date you found
that
> night.
>
> The current pony IS a replica - a well done replica. And so is Mr.
> Springsteen as he approaches 60.
>
> Back to hiding.

Cant move that building like it is, you could pull what CBGB did and
take everything out but like you said, everything is not original. My
point is that the Stone Pony is all thats left. How can it be let go?
Sure, it was closed, and changed to a dance club, and isnt exactly
the same today as it was... but its still the *same building*. Its
the location.  People can walk in and picture what happened there 30
years earlier.  Most people who would come to visit the new Asbury
Park dont care about the other bars that surrounded it, or what the
Stone Pony was before Bruce played there.