"Considering that people go to Convention hall (shows and events are
scheduled) maybe that is why there is a focus. I gather the
impression that some will not be happy unless Asbury Park looks
exactly as it did in 1972 and back they it was failing."

"Your 'impression' is quite false - obviously you have not yet educated
yourself on the subject of preservation economics as I have suggested
several times"

      The top paragraph was stating their opinion. "Maybe that is why.. etc."
It doesn't say anything about preservation or economics.  Not sure how your
response is related to what they said.  The only thing it did give was an idea,
an idea or a reason as to why beautification has been going on around CH.  The
part about people not being happy about the way things looked compared to how
they did in 72' is also true.  There are A LOT of people who don't like the
beachfront project for no othe reason then it's different then what was their
previously.  We're not talking about street width, sidewalks and lights, none
of these things.  We are talking about flower pots, and how it seems some dont
like them just becuase they are new additions to what was not there before.
       If there is a reason why large scale flower pots don't tie in with the
historical value of CH, then maybe there would be some understanding.  And
added knowledge.