As hard as it is to feel this way, I don't think MM can be saddled
with the sins of the past and be forced to play catchup, either by
working 5 times faster or by somehow being forced to deal with the
shortfall in taxables caused by Partners lack of progress.  My
opinion is that you have to look at MM's entry as the starting point
for them and judge what they are able to do in a reasonable timeframe
apart from justifyable frustrations that should be directed to
Partners.  It is never wise to punish the son for the sins of the
father.  Judge MM on what they are doing as though the slate with
them is clean.  Again, nobody will always agree with what they do but
overall they seem to be investing and things are getting done.  I
wish we had five years back but we don't and it wasn't their fault.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thank you, I do agree with what you observe, however even MM has
been
> dragging their feet. Perhaps due to problems with the Partners, I
> don't know.
>
> What I do know is that I attended the planning board applications
for
> the 5th Ave Pav. This project is a 'no-brainer' The Plan calls for
the
> Pavilion to be restored, in its entirety. They begged to be approved
> for a temporary approval of a partial rehab.
>
> This is one building that requires very little design/thought about
> what the finished product should be. There are original renderings,
> images, prints, etc, available.
>
> Yet another year has gone by. Just one concrete example of continued
> delay in spite of evidently having great financial resources.
>
> What you do not comment on is my concern, the financial health of
this
> City. Recall that the State contributed $7.5M this year to fix our
> shortfall. Its already been stated that $8M will be needed next
year.

> As to making things happen and a good 'show' thats all fine. I'll
even
> concede that the last 5 years are over. But considering that,
> shouldn't the current efforts be at triple speed to make up the
lost time?

> Instead of asking for temporary approvals.
>
> The question remains how is the budget shortfall going to be fixed -
> By hitting the current residential property owners hard ?
>
> Werner
>
>  --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <asburycouple@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Werner, I share your dissapointment with what has not been
> > accomplished over the past five years.  But we are where we are
and
> > can't judge what's being done now by MM through the lens of where
we
> > should have been had the past five years been different.  That is
> > both unrealistic and unfair.  MM has been here for less than a
year.
> > They appear to be trying - for the first time someone is making a
> > real commitment and effort in my opinion.  They don't have a
magic
> > wand or a time machine.  By your standards unless they can step
back
> > in time and redo the past five years nothing they do will be
right.

> > In less than a year they have demonstrated a commitment to making
> > things happen.  Rome was not built in a day and neither will
Asbury