--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I wrote (Lot Coverage).. The Lot Coverage footprint is larger due to
> there not being any setbacks from the property lines. It is 100% lot
> coverage.

Who was expecting portions of the lots to be used for open space in
the redevelopment plan?  Every project that is going up in the city
uses every bit of its lot. 100% lot coverage is what needs to be
used, otherwise its wasted space.  The more units, more people,
create opportunities for more businesses, more tourists.  Think of a
downtown shopping area (Cookman Ave) as compared to a strip mall
which is set back from the road.  The wide avenues with their green
space in between make for plenty of open space connecting the town to
the beachfront.

The building is going to be taller than what had previously been
there because C-8 had 4 stories to go before reaching its full
height.  In terms of overall height, if C-8 was finished it would
have been basically the same thing we are looking at now with a much
larger footprint taking up a large amount of public space. A few
extra feet in terms of overall height is not going to make much of a
difference to the naked eye.  Its impossible to tell 200 ft from 210
feet.  What matters is this is going to be a great addition, a grand
building that people will look at and say wow to.  Once people see
this completed, the doubters of Asbury Park will have something to
change their minds.