Oak,
Every new and old member of this group, should read this article, save
it, print it, etc., because it chronicles the last 7 years, of the
infighting, the jockeying for position, the larceny, the avarice, etc.
and it reminded me that some of those I thought were friends, were
only out for themselves!  Not all, but most of them.  If you dare run
for office in this town, leave yourself open to scrutiny!  I moved to
this town, like I had blindfolders, on.  I was as green as the dye,
they fill the Chicago River, with, each St. Patrick's Day!

If anyone wishes to call me a "fool", stand in line!  "If I knew then,
what I know now", was a favorite saying of my father!  Someone I
SHOULD have listened to!  Members, Please Read and get an idea, of
what this town, has excruciatingly went through, failed, went through
again, failed, recalls, spying, distrust, neighbor against neighbor
and so forth!  Arm yourself with a copy and take to the next board
meeting of any board!  Keep asking questions!  Investigate!  The City,
for all its' good intentions, should know who and what they're dealing
with and be upfront with the people who live here, deal with the
misperceptions of a vilefied population, through no fault of their
own, who have to live with the urban legends, we have to deal with,
either in print, or by word of mouth!

I just can't win!  I've made friends, of former enemies and enemies,
of former friends!  Will this town ever get anywhere?  God only knows,
but I hope, that before long, this town in recovery, will progress and
move along, for the benefit of those who either live here, or do
business here!  Let's get rid of the stereotypes, the drugs and the
crime!  Open some mercantile factories, to produce jobs, get the poor
off the poverty merry-go-round, they seem to be stuck on!  Place
surveillance cameras, in common areas and street corners, known to be
high crime areas.  As Bill Cosby says, "C'mon People"!  Caveat:  I
only speak for me, no one else!

Thanks Oak!