Mini golf maybe.
Everyday on my drive home down 71, I see kids coming and going at the
community centers in Belmar etc. Why don't we have one of those? It
certainly would go a long way.
There was a kid in my neighborhood who moved away recently. His idea
of weekend fun was playing in the street near The Flamingo and
throwing rocks at bungalows. Nice little kid. But, no place to play
for him. No playgrounds, no other kids around. No BB court for after
school action...nothing. I think this is a major issue for the city.
That, and jobs...summer jobs etc. Too bad AP doesn't have it's own
version of the Civilian Conservation Corps to give kids jobs around
the city, working on beautification projects ect. Something like that
could help build a kids pride in the place where they live. "I helped
build that" etc...