We are both in agreement with the main concept it needs to be cleaned
up.  It will have to be a community project---but it can't be a
divided community.

We are also both in agreement that there really isn't all that much
> opportunity for the youth of AP, either for jobs (summer or year
> round) or any form of recreation. We don't have BB courts, tennis
> courts, public baseball fields, a community center...none of that.

No they should not have to play in the "ditch" on main street.

But we have to work together and stand together for all of Asbury.
Do we have to have a leader---yes that's the reason for voting
AsburySteve will get my vote when hell freezes over

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you kidding me? I've called the PD about drug sales right out
> front of my house, and if you recall, I'm also the person who called
> the PD after I found a hypodermic needle in Library Square Park one
> Sunday morning. I agree that these activities don't just occur on
the
> west side, but if you look at the overall history of crime in the
> city, a majority of it has always occured in the west side area.
What
> I'm mostly talking about is a community policing itself, rejecting
the
> gang/drug lifestyle, rejecting the welfare mentality and making a
> positive example instead of an enduring negative one.
> Part of this involves the hope that MM brings to the city.
> I've said this many times before...there really isn't all that much
> opportunity for the youth of AP, either for jobs (summer or year
> round) or any form of recreation. We don't have BB courts, tennis
> courts, public baseball fields, a community center...none of that.
> Maybe it's just me, but when I see kids having to play touch
football
> in a ditch on Main Street in front of the train station, something
is
> wrong. Not with the fact that kids are playing, but they have to
> improvise a playing field out of a ditch.
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Denise" <denisemchd@> wrote:
> >
> > Hinge maybe you don't see it but drug sales and gangs are not
just on
> > the westside---I have reported drug sales that I have seen on the
> > east side---just like you see the prostitution on the east side
the
> > prostitution is also on the west side---the drug dealers and gang
> > members do not discriminate they are throughout the City of
Asbury