--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rook782" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not a bad idea, I do like it.
>
> However, I know some people feel these buildings (DPW, Police, City
> Hall and Fire and EMT Services) should be relocated off Main in
order
> to open up the land to redevelopment.  I personally like government
> institutions such as these on Main Streets.  DPW is another matter
> though.
Thank You

I've also heard the 'sell City Hall' proposal. Rediculous idea, they
are currently putting a new $1M+ roof on the building - There is
enough to be developed all over town without selling another public
asset.

The larger issue it what you observed - Municipal services SHOULD be
located on Main Street. Downtown, Post Office, Banks, Food.. all
within walking distance.

That is the traditional American City Model that works. As to DPW -
it is where it is, essentially hidden from view by the Grove Square
and Railroad. If one didn't know the boundries it would appear to be
in Neptune.

The corner of Main/Springwood.(which is very unattractive)is the key
to creating an impressive entry to AP. The Tranportation Center
looks right over to there.

That corner needs to be addressed. As I said functionl proximity of
sevices needs to be a consideration. DPW/Police/Court would work
together very well.

Werner