I have the feeling MM is not planning to cater to a boardwalk filled
with children.  When they first showed their plans in City Council there
was nothing for children except a candy store with walls of candy. They
did not mention the water park that was proposed in the app.  MM in my
opinion is gearing the boardwalk to the people they will need to fill
the Condos that will be built on Ocean Ave.  The Condos being built are
for couples with no children.

I can remember the days when I was young and living in South Belmar how
we came to Asbury Park on special occasions ie Easter, Children's Day
for the amusement rides.  Is there still such a thing as children's day.
MM is not interested in history.  If Ap could survive on history there
would be no need to do anything to the buildings on the BW except some
paint.  The Boardwalk that we knew is HISTORY.  In someways I agree that
we need to move on to bigger and better things, but MM cannot forget the
families in AP because some of us are here for life.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to see a carousel in the Corousel House again, but i don't
think its possable at this point. Look at the direction the boardwalk is
going in.... I don't think it would fit in with the stuff planned for
the boardwalk. Times can change though, who knows! I doubt it though...
> I was sitting behind members of MM at a previous counsil meeting. A
frequent towns person wondered over and began asking questions about
amusments and other boardwalk attractions (like the water park he had
heard of as being part of MM's plan). Their answer to his questions was
no..