I'm not sure who's promoting it, but I saw it and immediately threw the TCN in
the
garbage (despite it being one of the better TCN's i've seen in awhile).
I honestly don't understand how it can be that I can think of something great
to do for the
students of AP that'll leave them with a great lasting impression of the city,
maybe inspire
them which in turn they might pass onto younger students and give them one
small thing
to work hard in school for, and somebody else decides that it's time to start
touting a
fricken "million dollar view" and charge $50 for a premier 4th of July
experience. But, all
over the country, in the more humble places, the fireworks usually take place
in a public
park and people of all walks of life experience the same thing, together.
That's American.
And yes, I realize that other places charge people for the best view and blah
blah blah, but
this is Asbury Park.
I have yet to see the boardwalk redevelopment do anything at all for the kids
of this city.
How much is the mini golf gonna cost? $15? Who knows, but what's happening here
is the
redevelopment isn't for the general population of AP. It's for the well to do
people who can
afford it.
I think that stinks.
Oh, and Glenn, I think you may still have my phone number. Not sure what i'll
be doing,
but definitely give me a call. I'd love to meet you.