Here's what i'm wondering in regards to the bandstand.
Somebody mentioned that some piece of cooling or heating equipment was
installed
where the seats used to be, which is absolutely true.
That being said, I really doubt that those are temporary.
I might be completely wrong about this, but over the weekend MM had artist
renderings of
that pavillion in their office window, and it certainly didn't look like the
bandshell was a
functional thing, more like an architectural thing.
If that's the case, the city really needs to step in and cry foul about this.
That bandshell
was a wonderful part of our boardwalk when it was used (years ago) and it
absolutely
should be preserved for the future. It's 100% unique, and there are so many
attractive uses
for it. And it's named after one of the people that helped establish AP in the
entertainment
world.
It'll be criminal if the city let's this one slide. It's time (long overdue) to
play hardball, and
even though MM has done some great things, that doesn't mean they are beyond
accountable for this.