If calling you "arrogant", is what you are, double that dose for me!
What it is, is there's "original" plans, for when the City thought it
was in control, but the "money masters", came in, nodded and said,
"OK" and commenced to do what they wanted ANYWAY!

A "damn the torpedos" scenario, get it?  By the time anyone really
spoke up because they saw what was really coming down the pike, "gee
whiz", it was too late!  "Was that a wrecking ball, I saw hit the
Palace"?  Whoops, there it is!  Those architectural plans I saw online
are just that; a "figment" of our imagination!

No more, no less!  You know, the ones with the big ferris wheel, ON
the boardwalk, yada, yada, yada!  What's the use!  It's going to be
"bright lights, big city", for others, not us long staying residents,
who AP, when it was STILL something, or maybe that was in my head.....