--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "nobepeymay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Of course $$ is the bottom line....they have to get paid back on
> their investment.  I just came back from the fireworks on the
> boardwalk....I imagine they must have spent at least $5,000.00 on
an
> amazing fireworks display (a guess)...this is an investment they
are
> making to attract people to AP, which I guarantee they will not
see
> back anytime soon.
>
> People need to realize that they need to make $$$....what other
> incentive woud they have to continue development if they can't
make
> money? I hope that eventually MM, the city and the business
owners
> make an s load of $$ off the boardwalk so we can see fireworks and
> many other attactions on the boarwalk today and for years to come.

John, You are seroiusly misguided and misinformed regarding
redevelopment. The purpose of redevelopment is not for developers to
make money.

Its purpose is to heal and repair a damaged community. The City's
needs have not been addressed or met since this public process
started. We are in a financial state, due lack of development, that
would make a 'normal' business run for bankruptcy protection.

Certainly there has to be a profit motive to attract private
eneterprise but that can not overshadow the needs of the community
as a whole. This redevlopment is and continues to be a failure.

No amount of glitz, new bars, poor architecture, attraction of
people, etc is going to change that. Aside from beach badge sales
and the coming parking fees what exactly do you see in direct income
to the City?

Werner