--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> No amount of glitz, new bars, poor architecture, attraction of
> people, etc is going to change that. Aside from beach badge sales
> and the coming parking fees what exactly do you see in direct
income
> to the City?
>
> Werner

INCOME to the city has to be INDIRECT other then what you pointed
out. Meters will generate income - but there are only som many hours
in the day, so many space and so much you can charge. AND you can't
stop free enterprise from operating a parking lot. Before you were
here and I was just a kid, Mayor Kramer had his hands on some of
parking lots operating behind the Empress, the old triangle etc. We
paid $180 per season in 1979 to park in the lot - about $1.80 day.

So instead of taxing the "raw land" as raw land, you tax it as a
parking lot - whatever that number is. It's improved property.

If MM wants to fill up THEIR lots and make $, they need to generate
traffic. Their whole misson is to generate traffic to the the
BOARDWALK areas AND to to the CITY as a whole. WHY? Because they are
the ones that HAVE to convince the OUTSIDE world that AP is a safe
place to come to.

If THEY sell more units at WESLEY GROVE, then the CITY benefits as a
whole. TAXES. Thats how a muni is able to run. In AP's case, they had
more or less ZERO tax revenue - therefore the bailout and running as
a bankrupt co.

MM has a huge undertaking. Not just in generating revenue for
themselves, but working through what at times is probably a tough
building process. MM's successes and failures will drive the OVERALL
sucess of the city - that and everyone who buys in or opens a
business.

It's a complex LITTLE city working it's way out of years and years of
neglect and corruption, so they say. Just when you hear the rumours
of old bookie rooms on the 2nd floor years and years ago on Cookman
and... it's Asbury.

TAXES from large co and businesses are critical.

AP has to learn that.