> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@>
wrote:

> > My gut feeling is, the dated comments are accurate.
> > Has anyone in the group stayed there recently ?
> >
> > Werner
> >
> I think John D stayed there a few months ago and liked it.

I stayed there a number of times between July 07 through this past
winter.  I reviewed some of the comments on tripadvisor and found
most of them pretty accurate, however a few opinions too extreme.

take a look at Expedia reviews.....6 reviews avg rating 4.3 out of 5
http://tinyurl.com/59e29f

There is no doubt that maintaining the grounds better and repairing
the exterior would elevate the image of the property.  The rear of
the building could also be use some attention.  Service level is
just OK, however I found the rooms clean and comfortable.

At the current price it is a bargain.....unless you are turned off
by ap.....in which case you propably would not want to stay there
for any price!  Bottom line in my opinion is that have done a pretty
good job, but if they want to start comanding higher rates they need
to pay more attention to the details.....I can see why it is getting
mixed reviews.

John