--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The full info page for the BCH and all the reviews.
>
> Does not help Asbury Park that most reviews were poor.
> I thought the new owners were a first class operation.
> What's going on over there?
>
> Werner
>
> http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29748-d98391-Reviews-
> Berkeley_Hotel-Asbury_Park_New_Jersey.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5o3bbw

I was just reading this the other day.  I was also reading the entry
for the Empress, which doesn't have the friendliest reviews either.

Some of the Empress comments complain about the noise from the bar,
and say the hotel is very biased towards gay customers, and the
ongoing construction next to the hotel is a problem.  Alot of people
might not be willing to stay at a hotel that has reviews of not being
able to sleep because of noise from a nightclub until 2 in the
morning... and even if people arent bothered by that, the Empress is
a much smaller hotel anyway. So for most people coming to Asbury
Park, the BCH or the Empress both might not seem like viable
options...

With the BCH, there is a comment about the bar not being open. Hasn't
the hotel been under this management for two years now?  What the
hell are they waiting for?  As of right now, they dont seem like
they're doing the best job of keeping up the hotel.