--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dsher4" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think he owns style rocket.  I think he is someone who
> realizes that complaining and negativity are easy.  Having the guts
> to actually do something is hard.  Nobody responded to his arcade
> comment.  Why don't all the people who want an arcade approach Gary
> about it and figure out the economics and put their balls on the
> line and open something.  I know people say Gary has been
> standoffish but i would be too if i put my balls on the line and
> took constant criticism from people who are watching and not
doing.

> And btw, i like arcade's

I think people are complaining because they feel like the boardwalk
isn't going in the direction they'd like to see it go.  Style Rocket
is a cool store. Would I shop there? No, because I'm not one to spend
alot of money on trendy clothing.  But am I against the store? No,
and I dont think anyone else here is protesting the actual store
itself.  What the complaining and negativity is about is the fact
that we feel like if stores like this begin to be what the boardwalk
is about, then its turing into a shopping mall and not doing what
would be best.  Thats why there is mention of arcades and pizza
places, because we'd all (for the most part) like to see the
boardwalk become a boardwalk again... and to be a family destination.

And even if someone wanted to open an arcade, the question is really:
Would MM support and/or allow it?