--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Any thoughts???

My wife and I wound up at The Beach Bar last around 10pm - it was
such a nice night.... the best $19 ($21) with tip - cosmo and beer
and view.

As you know by now -getting her to come to AP used to be tough. So
after she tried to figure out if the bartender had makeup on (we
think he did...) - it came down to AP slogan time...

Asbury - leave your inhibitions behind....
Asbury - be who you want to be
Asbury - forget the rest of world - come as you are...

Thoughts on the rest:

1. Asbury does NOT have enough viable commercial space to tie things
together - you need that "town square".

2. Close Cookman Ave from Grand to Main. Think South Beach and
Lincoln Road. Thirty years ago it was nothing. Today - THE place to
be. Huge umbrellas, street performers and THE town sqare - Press
Plaza (change the name if you hate it...). Lake Ave gets utilized for
better parking. I'd rahter see lake ave closed off - but that's the
parking.

3. Shuttle services  - someone with angle might WANT to start a
service from the Outlet center to AP or OG. The outlet center might
WANT TO do it from the Asbury Park Train Station.... it's intereting
they came to AP to