I have another view.
It's not that money is a bad thing, it's personal, fiscal responsibility.
Right now, our country is in an economic crisis that came about primarily
because of
credit irresponsibility.
Let's face it, we live on credit, and we encourage it, and it's getting us in
trouble.
People are funding their lives with money they don't have, and people in the
mortagage
crisis bought McMansions with money they didn't have.
Our culture isn't promoting personal financial responsibility, quite the
opposite.
Here's something I really don't like. We glorify greed and wealth in our
country, and we are
doing it directly to our kids thru the media.
TV shows like "Cribs" and "Gossip Girl" and all that just have a negative
effect, because it
sends a message that wealth/stuff = happiness.
That's BS.
We celebrate idiot, spoiled kids that have temper tantrums because the Mercedes
they got
for their 16th birthday is the wrong color.