Gabby, a couple of things, my pally:

First this.  You said:

> I am amazed to see you preach greed after watching you flip over >your
> perception of sufa being anti christian, tommy.  Jesus would weep >and
> die again for the bowing to the almighty dollar.

I know what you mean.  I'm Catholic and charity is a big part of that.
I'm down with the cause :-)

But when talking about teaching kids in Asbury, I would tell them first
they have to get some to be able to give some.  So spend the first part
of your life trying to get some.

Think of being on an airplane.  They tell you in an emergency, put the
oxygen mask on yourself first, and then put it on your kid.  Someone
who saw that and didn't know any better might think you are a selfish
SOB.

Of course the thinking is if you don't get the oxygen your face first,
you could keel over and both you and your kid die.

Same idea I have for charity.  Tell those Asbury kids to go in the
world and compete for money like a wild dog competing for a piece of
meat (the other guy is gonna).

When you get it, share it.  But you've got to get it first.

OK, second thing:

I love it when you write columns in triCityNews.  You are hands down
and by far the most talented writer that paper has ever had.]

You turn more interesting phrases in 750 words than anyone I've ever
seen.

I don't agree with damn thing you say, but I love the way you say it.

It's such a personal style. I get his vision of you writing it when I'm
reading it.  Your observations about the world around you are pretty
vivid.

I don't know if we've ever met.  I'd love to get together and beat
eachother up over politics someday.

I'm not in AP as much as I'd like anymore.  Usually in Twisted Tree on
Thursdays or Fridays in the afternoon to get a cup for the road.

Will probably be there tomorrow afternoon.  Stop in and say hi if you
are around.