google conscious capitalism for those aware of capitalisms tendency to
be destructive.  also, to quote michael stipe, every time you spend
money you are voting.   you can support responsible corporations or
not.  you can buy chemical Tide laundry detergent or you can buy great
smelling, biodegradable Ecos.  you can eat at mcdonalds or get an
organic salad at deans.  you can eat meat created in an environment
destructive to the planet, abusive to the workers and cruel to the
animals or you can by sustainable meat, you can buy clothes made with
slave labor or not.

i guess the bottom line for me is, its US, our participation, our
responsibility (which i would think republicans would appreciate). we
hand over our power again and again, and we deserve what we get.

that said, i am going to have a drink to Goldman Sachs' near 19%
decline today. barely human those folks. ;)