--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "maubddny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Or comparable to the Britwood on the same block which was caved in
> yet rehabbed very nicely."
>
> The owners of the Britwood Court condos have had close to 1 millin
> dollars in assessments in the past three years to fix the shoddy work
> of rehabilitation. That is the reason why they will not let the
> builder move forward on "The Jersey"... he refused to make
> infrastructure repairs as required.

To clarify your concern - the owners are now the collective 'Condo Association'
not the
party that did the rehabilitation.

I am aware that several key issues regarding the rehab were not done in the
most
workmanlike manner. The responsibility for that likely lays with the City
through its
construction inspection department. Ultimately they sign off on the quality of
work.

Has there been litigation to your knowledge? Builder, City, Association ? - is
that how
you conclude that the 'builder refused to make repairs' ?

It is however, not the reason for denying rehab of the Jersey building. That is
due to the
'Deal' crafted allowing Asbury Partners sole redevelopment rights to all
properties not
specifically excluded from eminent domain action.

The Britwood was excluded - the Jersey (and Virginia) were not. The Jersey
owner
litigated and lost. End result - the Jersey and Virginia are not attractive for
rehab due to
the waterfront redevelopment agreement.

Werner