"There can no longer be any doubt: Sarah Palin is absolutely,
positively not qualified to be commander in chief, and she doesn't
belong on the Republican ticket. I can't imagine her being ready for
a 3 a.m. call on a national security emergency; I can't imagine her
fielding one on an economic emergency, either – the possibility Paul
Krugman convincingly framed Monday morning.

http://tinyurl.com/4kocaj

Her stunning ignorance about Israel, Iran and the Bush Doctrine in
the Charlie Gibson interview almost three weeks ago was frightening,
but the dim way she answered virtually every question Katie Couric
asked last week was even more chilling. I singled out her delusional-
sounding rant about "if Putin rears his head" over Alaska, but
Jeffrey Goldberg pointed to something arguably more awful: her
clueless answer to a Couric question about what happens when
democracy doesn't yield results the U.S. likes, as in the case of
Hamas in Gaza. Here's what she said:

"Yeah, well especially in that region, though, we have to protect
those who do seek democracy and support those who seek protections
for the people who live there. What we're seeing in the last couple
of days here in New York is a president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, who
would come on our soil and express such disdain for one of our
closest allies and friends, Israel ... and we're hearing the evil
that he speaks and if hearing him doesn't allow Americans to commit
more solidly to protecting the friends and allies that we need,
especially there in the Mideast, then nothing will."

So we're going to protect Hamas? Don't tell our friends in Israel.
Palin clearly had no idea what Couric was talking about. Ever since,
she has continued to gaffe her way through the campaign: On Saturday
she said she'd go after Osama bin Laden in Pakistan – even though
that's against the McCain position, and McCain had to contradict her
publicly. Newsweek's Fareed Zakaria says it best: All too often, when
Palin opens her mouth, what comes out is "gibberish.""